Engineer Quality 2
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems sector is seeking a Quality Engineer 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Azusa, CA.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Aerospace Systems Sector- Mission Assurance Organization. This role will collaborate and interface with program management, engineering, subcontracts/procurement, manufacturing, other functional management and supplier management teams to ensure requirements are met and quality standards are in place. This role will ensure that performance and quality products conform to established company and regulatory standards. Designs and analyzes inspection and testing processes, mechanisms and equipment; conducts quality assurance tests; and performs statistical analysis to assess the cost of and determine the responsibility for, products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications. It will evaluate supplier non-conformances, negative performance trends and failures. Utilizes supplier performance databases and supplier quality management system assessment tools to provide objective evidence of supplier's capability to perform. Work to improve supplier quality in determining effective root cause corrective action. In addition to, keeping management appraised of supplier performance, quality status and risk. This role will determine the resources required to execute the Supplier MA program and ensure team success. This person will be actively engaged in supplier evaluation, qualification and selection as part of the Business Acquisition Process (BAP) in support of proposal activity and on an as-needed basis when new procurements are required on existing programs.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Supports Supplier Mission Assurance implementation overall program phases. Manages implementation of Supplier Mission Assurance processes, including, supplier quality requirements development, supplier classification designation (Critical, Key and Standard), supplier pre-award capability assessments, source selection evaluations, supplier quality audits and supplier performance assessments.
- Supports the maintenance of the approved supplier list and periodically reviews supplier performance to determine whether suppliers should remain on the approved list. Manages supplier requests for waivers, deviations and discrepancy reporting process (Material Review Board).
- Support and execute source inspection processes and coordinates with supplier as required. Verify that End Item Data Packages (EIDPs) are complete and manufacturing travelers are reviewed prior to shipment. Ensures that awards and teaming agreements are issued to qualified suppliers through early engagement in the Business Acquisition Process with procurement/subcontracts, business development and program/technical representatives.
- Process receipts through receiving inspection. Verify that all procuring requirements have been met. Work with VMDA if material non-conformances are found to write up QNs. Support the QN closure and communication with the supplier on the non-conformance.
- BS in an Engineering field
- 2 years of experience in Mission Assurance, Quality Assurance Engineering, Manufacturing or Engineering in space or aerospace industry
- Must have ability to travel up to 75% via any mode of transportation throughout the continental US and Internationally
- Experience working with cross functional teams, and interface at various levels of program and functional management
- Experience in micro-electronic, electronic and electro-mechanical devices
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs and databases
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance
- MS Electrical Engineering
- Intimate knowledge of Supplier Mission Assurance/Procurement Quality Assurance processes
- Direct experience working with suppliers and developing relationships. Resolving non-conformances, auditing and issue resolution with suppliers at their facility or at home site.
- Working knowledge of Mission Assurance transactions in SAP.
- Experience with military specifications and industry specifications for electronic, electrical and electro-mechanical parts/components. Additional experience with CCAs, PCBs, and electronic assemblies.
- Previous work experience working with Space programs.
- Specific experience with RF/MMW applications is a plus.
- Active DoD Secret Security Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top