Engineer Quality 2
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking an Engineer Quality 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman’s Program Quality Engineering team that is engaged with cutting edge technology on a dynamic portfolio of products to meet our customer’s mission needs. This position will be located in Rolling Meadows, IL.
The Program Quality Engineer performs tasks in support of program execution for one or more programs to meet the requirements of the contract(s) and business. Activities include, but are not limited to:
- Develops, modifies, implements and maintains quality evaluation and control systems and protocols for processing materials into partially finished or finished materials product.
- Collaborates with engineering and manufacturing functions to ensure quality standards are in place.
- Devises and implements methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment.
- Designs and analyzes inspection and testing processes, mechanisms and equipment; conducts quality assurance tests; and performs statistical analysis to assess the cost of and determine the responsibility for, products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications.
- Evaluates and reports on design, incoming material, production control, product evaluation and reliability, inventory control and/or research and development for product or process quality.
- Identifies and reports product or process non-conformances and/or non-compliances.
- Ensures that corrective measures are performed to completion, meet acceptable reliability standards and documentation is compliant with requirements.
- Assures contractual work products are completed and delivered on-time
- Bachelors in Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial, Civil, or Manufacturing Engineering.
- 2 Years of related experience in manufacturing, design, or quality engineering.
- Ability to receive DOD secret clearance and Special Program Access.
- Exposure to lean and six-sigma quality engineering methodologies.
- Active Secret Clearance
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top