Engineer Quality 1
Develops, modifies, applies and maintains quality evaluation and control systems and protocols for processing materials into partially finished or finished materials product. Collaborates with engineering and manufacturing functions to ensure quality standards are in place. Devises and implements methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment. Designs and analyzes inspection and testing processes, mechanisms and equipment; conducts quality assurance tests; and performs statistical analysis to assess the cost of and determine the responsibility for, products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications. Audits quality systems for deficiency identification and correction. Ensures that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards and that documentation is compliant with requirements. May specialize in the areas of design, incoming material, production control, product evaluation and reliability, inventory control and/or research and development as they apply to product or process quality. May be certified in lean and six-sigma quality engineering methodologies.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in one of the following fields: Quality Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering/Technology, and Manufacturing Engineering.
- Well experienced with Microsoft Office Suites.
- Experience with manufacturing or engineering environment.
- Must be able to provide proof of US Citizenship.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance.
- 2 Years Quality Engineering experience.
- Experience working with engineering on process improvements.
- Experience with computer base coding.
- Excellent coordination and communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical issues clearly to all levels of leadership.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top