Engineer/ Principal Engineer Software (TS/SCI)
- Chandler, AZ
This position can be filled at either the Engineer (level 2) or Principal Engineer level (level 3).
Join a growing software development team with broad opportunities related to the operation of our spacecraft. You will be part of a team of software developers who work on continual improvement for one of our core spacecraft command and control software applications. The software application is developed at another site. This position requires being the support arm to this team in the Gilbert location and will require occasional travel for training and support. The software application is used throughout all phases of spacecraft development. Hence, the position requires the ability to track and support a variety of users of the application throughout their respective development lifecycles. The ideal candidate enjoys working in a collaborative environment with both system users and developers, is able to communicate well and excels in efficiently managing their time to complete assignments in a dynamic, schedule-driven environment.
- Perform software/hardware installations, configuration, troubleshooting/recovery, patching and deployment for a proprietary software application
- Create automated scripts
- Patch systems
- Document all aspects of various system installation and configuration efforts step-by-step
- Ability to solve technical problems independently while managing project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Perform as a Linux Systems Administrator for a classified government contract.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering or related field
- Active or current Top Secret/SCI clearance
- U.S. citizen
- Strong understanding of system administration of Linux operating systems
- Proficiency in a scripting language
- Proficiency in database administration
- Networking knowledge
- Experience with virtualized environments and VMWare products
- Experience with Linux scripting languages
- Familiarity with Information Assurance (IA) processes for various USG classified networks
- Security Plus Certification
- Red Hat Certificated System Administrator certification
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top