Engineer Packaging 2
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for an Engineer Packaging 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA.
This position will develop Military and commercial reusable and short life shipping and storage containers, material handling, and parts protection devices for use during in process manufacturing of parts and assemblies, direct line feed applications, and the transportability of program hardware.
- Designs, develops, and tests a wide variety of containers used for the protection, display, and handling of products.
- Develop material handling and Parts Protection Specifications, Special Packaging Instructions and Coded Packaging Data
- Determines packaging specifications according to the nature of the product, cost limitations, legal requirements, and the type of protection required, considering need for resistance to such external variables as moisture, corrosive chemicals, temperature variations, light, heat, rough handling, and tampering.
- Designs package exteriors considering such factors as product identification, sales appeal, aesthetic quality, and printing and production techniques. Documentation management and an understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- Provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of increasing scope and complexity as assigned.
- Contributes to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects.
- Functions as a Liaison primarily to internal company contacts, (inter-organizational teams) and occasionally with outside customer contacts on routine matters.
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM field
- 2 years of experience packaging or material handling design
- 2 years recent drawing experience (CATIA & AutoCad Software)
- Leadership experience
- Proficiency in packaging or material handling design
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top