Engineer Optical 4 - Beam Control
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems sector is seeking a Beam Control Engineer 4 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
Where will you find innovation and technology? Right here at Northrop Grumman Corporation. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman’s Laser & Sensor Subsystems Department. As industry pioneers, the Laser and Sensor Subsystems Department continues to provide enabling State-of-the-Art technology engineered into national security defense systems and civilian science and environmental missions.
We provide integrated system expertise for our primary products which include high-energy and high-peak power laser subsystems, beam control subsystems and optical subsystems, from component through system integration.
Roles and Responsibilities -
- Designing, modeling, integrating and testing various elements of beam control subsystems and related optical assemblies
- Leveraging your familiarity with elements of high power beam control subsystems including line of sight and jitter control systems, wavefront sensing and wavefront modeling, adaptive optics, opto-mechanical design, image processing and targeting and tracking
- Independently setting up and performing experiments by employing your understanding of lasers & amplifiers, optics, interferometers and typical optical diagnostics setups as well as alignment techniques
- BS degree in Optical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or closely related science, technology, engineering, or math (STEM) discipline with 9 years of related work experience, or Masters with 7 years, or PhD with 4 years.
- Experience working with lasers and optical components
- Must be a US citizen with the ability to obtain a Secret security clearance.
- Existing DoD Secret or Top Secret Clearance and/or SSBI
- Experience in the design, modeling, integration, and testing of laser beam control systems
- Experience with lasers and amplifiers operating at high powers with excellent beam quality
- Experience with technical writing and proposal efforts
- Experience working with modeling software such as Matlab, Code V, CFD software packages
- Differentiating characteristics include:
- Leadership and teamwork capabilities
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter with demonstrated leadership skills shown through
involvement in professional, community, and academic extracurricular
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top