Engineer - Operations Program Manager 2
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector, located in Linthicum, MD has an immediate need for an Engineer - Operations Program Manager 2 (OPM). The OPM will work within the Airborne C4ISR and is responsible for interface between the program office and manufacturing. The candidate must be a self starter, self motivated individual that can work in a fast-paced environment.
The responsibilities of an OPM include:
- The Operations Program Manager (OPM) 2 position coordinates and directs activities between Manufacturing, Engineering, Materials and Test to develop and execute manufacturing build plans
- This position is responsible for coordinating schedules and cost requirements, manufacturing visibility to both the Program Office and the Customer and maintaining quality, cost and schedule requirements.
- Achieving targeted cost and schedule requirement
- Facilitating internal meetings in a way to support design, production, and problem resolution
- The OPM will represent manufacturing at the program Risk Review Board (RRB) meetings and create / manage any applicable manufacturing risks and/or opportunities from the program risk register. Furthermore, the OPM will support and generate proposal documentation as needed to foster new work.
- This position requires acting as a leader or member of a product team, responsible for product-level requirements analysis, design, engineering and fabrication of the products assigned.
Please be aware that this is a Professional Staff Band 2 position, not a Management Band position.
- A Bachelor's degree in an Engineering (or other STEM field)
- At least 2 years work experience with a BS Degree or 1 year of experience with an MS Degree
- Experience in a multi-disciplined engineering and manufacturing environment
- Experience supporting manufacturing disciplines
- Must have strong interpersonal and communications skills, both verbal and written, as well as a strong problem solving mindset
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance per business requirements
- BS Degree in Industrial, Manufacturing, or Quality Engineering
- Master's degree in Engineering, Business Management, Engineering Leadership, or equivalent
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top