Engineer Network 4 (17-114)
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) was selected by the U.S. Missile Defense Agency to participate on the Missile Defense National Team. This team was chartered to develop a Ballistic Missile Defense System for the United States. Missile Defense and Protective Systems (MDPS) serves as Northrop Grumman Mission Systems' focal point for all activities associated with missile defense, including Command, Control, Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC), simulation & modeling, systems engineering, and target discrimination.
- Candidate will be responsible for integrating, sustaining, and operating the C2BMC networks (Spiral 6.4, C2BMC Distributed Training Network (CDTN), Distributed Training Suite (DTS), and Distributed Multi-Echelon Training System (DMeTS).
- Candidate will be required to travel to remote locations to perform network installations and Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) in accordance with Program configuration management processes, independently perform troubleshooting, and provide status updates to Program personnel.
- Must be responsible to work independently / solo at times on large in the field projects, at other times will be in a collaborative team environment with other network engineers.
- Candidate will be embedded with the Sustainment team located in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
- Active Secret clearance is required
- Bachelor of Science in the Computer Science field, or equivalent experience (i.e. Science, Technical, Engineering, Math).
- Must possess a DoD 8570 certification at IAT Level II or higher (Security , GSEC, SCNP, SSCP, CISSP, CISA, GSE, SCNA). Candidate will be responsible to maintain DoD 8570 certification for the full contract period.
- Firewall required, preferably with McAfee Sidewinder or Juniper firewalls highly desired.
- Understanding of network communication protocols and network routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, and EIGRP). Experience in UDP multicast, SONET, MSPP, ATM, VLANs, GRE Tunnels, and TCP/IP network designs.
- Experience with network security capabilities such as SYSLOG NG, IBM Proventia Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), web proxy and ArcSight. Certifications in the industry vendors Cisco (CCNA, CCNP) and/or Juniper (JNCIA, JNCIS, JNCIP) components preferred.
- Knowledge, skill sets or experience using protocol analyzers/sniffers (such as Wireshark, OPNET ACElive & ITGuru). Experience in DoD authentication & encryption methods/capabilities (Taclanes, TACACS , RADIUS, Active Directory, GEM-X). Experience in Network Management Systems (HP, NeuralStar or Solarwinds NPM/NCM) or NAS/SAN technologies (NetApp, Sun, or Gigastore).
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top