Engineer Network 3-19359
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Network Engineer 3 for our Schriever Air Force Base, CO location.
Network Engineer to support multiple Task Orders on the JRDC program, supporting daily network operations and events for the DTG, DTWX and DE organizations at Schriever AFB, CO. Duties include design, configuration, installation, maintenance, break fix activities, test and troubleshooting of IT network systems primarily consisting of Cisco and Linux based LAN/WANs. Responsible for deriving system-level requirements from architectural guidelines and event
objectives; developing detailed designs with supporting implementation, test and transition plans; and ushering proposed system changes through the Configuration Management process to successful implementation. Must be process oriented and have strong technical writing and verbal communication skills and the willingness and ability to work in a fast paced environment with minimal or no supervision. Must have the ability to develop technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity. This position will require
significant CONUS and OCONUS travel (could be 50% or more). This position will require some extended work week and off hour work
- Bachelor's degree in STEM related field and 8 years of experience.
- Candidate must have at least one of the following certifications or an ability to obtain within 30 days of hire: Security , Security Certified Network Professional (SCNP), Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP), GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC) and/or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP). Must be certified Security or equivalent, per DoD 8570.
- Professional hands-on experience in design, implementation and troubleshooting of the following technologies: Cisco routers/switches/firewalls/IPS, internal and external routing protocols, TCP and UDP, IP, multicast and Ethernet broadcast in a multi-layer operational network environment, Voice over IP Call Manager, local and long-haul data transmission mediums (RS-530, Tl, OC-x, etc.), SONET, Type I encryption devices and network timing systems, Microsoft Windows Computing Environments, Knowledge in/with DISA and SHB imaging standards.
- Active DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Experience with MDA/DTG, MDA/DTW, and/or MDA/ESI customers
- Experience with communication networks (MDACNet, DISN, SIPRNet, JTEN)
- Familiar with architecture supporting Mission Partner Environments (MPE)
- DoD networking experience with classified data networks and strong grasp of red/black concepts and IA compliance
- Knowledge of MDA classified networks.
- Experience in a training and exercise environment, particularly wargame operations
- Knowledge of DIS, VMF, SSF, TDIL-J, and C2BMC• CISSP, CCNP, CCDP, or CCIE certified
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, have excellent written and verbal communication skills, work well in a team environment, have strong interpersonal skills and have a positive, can-do attitude.
- Active DoD Top Secret Security Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top