Engineer Network 3 or 4
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking an experience Network Engineer to help support a program located at Schriever, AFB, in Colorado Springs, CO.
Designs and plans network communications systems. Provides specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture. Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements. Conducts testing of network design. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc. Evaluates and reports on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
- Provide as-needed engineering design solutions to address deficiencies, discrepancies or new requirements related to hardware and communication components
- Gather customer requirements, and use the information to identify, predict, interpret, and evaluate system and network requirements
- Support architectural trade studies and designing of engineering solutions
- Perform system preventative maintenance services
- Provide on-call (24 hour) Ops support
This position will be filled at either level listed below.
This position will be filled at either a level 3 or level 4.
- For the level 3, 5 years of work experience with a Bachelors degree in Science, Technical, Engineering or Math discipline or 3 years of experience with a Masters degree in the same discipline
- For the level 4, 9 years of work experience with a Bachelors degree in Science, Technical, Engineering or Math discipline or 7 years of experience with a Masters degree in the same discipline
- Active Top Secret clearance and the ability to obtain and maintain active SCI clearance
- CompTIA Security certification required
- Extensive hands on Juniper or Cisco switch experience
- Test/troubleshoot cabling and communication infrastructure
- Experience with network monitoring and troubleshooting
- Juniper and/or Cisco certification
- VMware vCenter environment with virtual switches and network storage
- Extensive hands on McAfee firewalls experience
- Knowledge and troubleshooting of serial matrix switch
- Knowledge and troubleshooting of Hardware Wall Cross Domain Solution
- Test/troubleshoot A/V equipment and infrastructure
- COMSEC and space crypto equipment
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top