Engineer Network 2 or 3
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking an experienced Network Engineer to help support a program located at Schriever, AFB, in Colorado Springs, CO.
Designs and plans network communications systems. Provides specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture. Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements. Conducts testing of network design. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc. Evaluates and reports on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below
This requisition may be filled at either a level 2 or a level 3
- For level 2, a Bachelors degree in Science, Technical, Electrical or Math discipline with 2 years of work related experience, or 0 years with a Masters degree
- For level 3, a Bachelors degree in Science, Technical, Electrical or Math discipline with 5 years of work related experience, or 3 years with a Masters degree
- Active Top Secret / SCI clearance
- Juniper QFX5100s and EX4300s
- McAfee S2008 firewalls
- VMware vCenter environment with virtual switches and network storage make/install fiber, coax, serial and cat5 cables
- Test/troubleshoot cabling infrastructure
- Some Cisco experience
- Foundry switch
- Support a serial matrix switch, troubleshoot RS-530
- Hardware Wall Cross Domain Solution
- Test/troubleshoot A/V equipment and infrastructure
- COMSEC and space crypto equipment
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top