Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It’s not the systems that drive us: it’s the soldier our systems bring home. It’s not just the equipment that motivates us: it’s the people our equipment protects. It’s not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it’s whom those innovations serve. We’re united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you’ll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that’s uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We’re committed to our employees’ professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The qualified candidate will provide network and hardware support for all on-site staff and special projects. The candidate must demonstrate experience in designing and planning secure networks, providing specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements and use of 3rd party cloud environments. Familiarity and experience with security processes is a must.
- Demonstrate ability to design, configure, test, implement and maintain network support activities in a virtual environment (VMWare), and ability to support application programmers working in that environment. Also, maintain the environment secure with antivirus, OS patching, Intrusion detection among other cybersecurity related tasks are top priority to maintain all environments secure and abiding by strict rules and guidelines.
- Ability to provide technical and administrative direction for personnel responsible for network design, implementation, and operations tasks, including the review of work products for correctness, adherence to the design concept and to user standards, and progress in accordance with schedules.
- Participate in designing, planning and installation of new networks and hardware and setting up new virtual environments on the cloud – 3rd party or hybrid. Evaluate changes for operational impact on security and costs.
- Responsible for administration of all security and administration-related tools. These include SMS, Patch Management tools, virus servers, IDS, log auditing, etc.
- Responsible for mentoring junior technical staff and reviewing all tasks assigned to the staff.
- Responsible for LAN assets and tracking such assets.
- Support VMWare virtual desktop development environment, with an externally facing fire pass authentication solution.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Network Engineering or closely related discipline with a minimum of 2 years of experience or a minimum of 6 years experience to satisfy degree and experience requirements.
- 2 years of Migration experience with Windows XP, Windows 7, and Windows Servers.
- 3 years of demonstrated knowledge of VMWare or related technology.
- 3 years of experience with various application servers, including SQL, Web Servers, and network support (such as DNS, DHCP, Exchange, AD, etc.) servers.
- Experience in administrating a Public Cloud environment – Amazon Web Services, IBM Softlayer, MS Azure, etc.
- Knowledge and experience with various administration and security tools.
- Extensive hardware and software configuration and troubleshooting experience.
- Experience with Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Plan (BCP) process planning.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with focus on disciplined technical documentation creation and maintenance.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritizes competing demands, and remains flexible, motivated and self-managed in various situations.
- Strong problem solving skills along with outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Experience administering collaboration tools.
- Technical training experience
- Cloud environments, specifically IBM Softlayer experience would be a plus.
- Experience with configuration management and orchestration tools such as Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top