Engineer Mission Assurance 5
Put your skills to work within the Northrop Grumman Technology Services sector as a Mission Assurance Engineer 5. The qualified applicant will become part of the Global Mission Excellence and Technology Team.
This individual will join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in a non-management position and lead the charge to ensure the Defense Security Services (DSS)/Enterprise Information Technology Support (EITS) program follows effective quality processes and quality controls (as required by corporate policies and procedures) as well as any customer-required processes. This is a position performing mission assurance tasks in the Customer's workspace in Quantico, VA.
This position is contingent upon Contract Award and meeting Customer security requirements.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Mission Assurance supports programs through the various phases of the lifecycle to:
- Establishes, maintains, and administers the Quality Control Plan (QCP)
- Ensures processes are implemented in accordance with the QCP
- Develops checklists, inspection criteria, and assessment and audits plans
- Trains project personnel in quality controls and their roles and responsibilities regarding quality
- Facilitates adherence to processes, quality controls, and work instructions for the program and champions improvements to existing work processes
- Independently evaluates the effectiveness of project work processes, quality controls, and recommends improvements which would improve project execution
- Verifies compliance with processes, policies, standards, and procedures
- Evaluates program and performance metrics provided by program leads and suggests performance improvements
- Conducts assessments and reviews based upon plans
- Performs product evaluations and services inspections
- Monitors quality controls (e.g., evaluations, inspections) providing detection, reporting, and resolution of problems
- Monitor effectiveness of Operational quality controls
- Reviews processes and makes recommendations as part of continual process improvement
- Participates in program boards such as the Change Control Board, etc. deemed necessary on a program
- Participates in release readiness reviews ensuring quality site deployments
- Collects, analyzes, and reports to management and the customer on project quality using agreed upon measures
- Conducts assessments of project quality, performance, and evaluates risks in accordance with contract requirements to ensure overall customer satisfaction and mission
- Contributes to the definition of non-financial project measures (i.e., quality, technical, customer satisfaction) used to monitor program execution; assists with data collection, trend analysis, and effectiveness of measures, and reports status through program channels
- Facilitates preparation, evaluates readiness, and serves as co-chair of internal project execution reviews
- Steers the project to ensure corrective actions and root cause analysis for problems are collected in the program's action tracking system
- Facilitates necessary corrective actions as a result of internal QC process evaluations, program execution reviews and customer issues
- Handles nonconformance and noncompliances
- Assists subcontract management in identify Quality Clause flow down to subcontractors during subcontract establishment and monitors subcontractors adherence to Quality Clauses during program execution
- Monitors supplier performance and Quality, supports internal reviews of supplier performance using the corporate Supplier Assessment Management System (SAMS) tool and process.
- 14 years of applicable technical experience with Bachelors in Science; 12 years of applicable technical experience with Masters; 9 years of applicable technical experience with PhD
- Proficiency in quality engineering
- Proficiency in the system engineering lifecycle processes (i.e., requirements management, design, test)
- Experience interfacing with customer teams
- Proficiency in risk and opportunity management
- Experience working with suppliers and subcontractors
- Experience with project management
- Proficiency in MS Word required
- Solid working knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio is required
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Experience with Six Sigma methods
- CMMI for Development / Services
- Knowledge of ITIL V3
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top