Engineer Mission Assurance 4
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector is seeking a Mission Assurance Engineer 4 to join our team of qualified and diverse individuals. This position is located at Aurora, CO.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Space ISR Systems Division supporting one or more intelligence community programs. We are looking for a high-caliber individual with a background in systems engineering, software development, system test, mission/quality assurance and/or process improvement to join the Mission Assurance organization.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Defines and monitors mission assurance program specifications and processes to ensure mission success of programs. Performs or assures quality, risk management, safety, reliability and maintainability of program achievements, subcontractors, and suppliers in accordance with contractual requirements. Assesses program performance and risks, and determines resources to ensure mission assurance. Works directly with the program manager and customer. Ensures compliance with all MA related contractual requirements, and sector/division procedures, while contributing to the program's effective process implementation. Audits program and functional organizations against sector/division procedures and AS9100 standard. Reports through an independent management chain and provides an independent assessment of program performance.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field and 9 Years with Bachelors in Science; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD of related experience in supporting systems engineering, software development, integration, test, or program management
- Understanding of mission assurance principles and the discipline to enforce them
- Good understanding of system engineering, software development, integration and system test
- Able to prioritize multiple responsibilities and/or accomplishing them simultaneously
- Ability to make decisions that impact the organization's credibility, operations and services
- Able to collaborate in a team environment
- Able to prepare and analyze data and figures
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Being organized and a self-motivator
- An active TS clearance
- Mission Assurance or process experience
- Certifications for assessing organizations against CMMI and/or AS9100, or a good understanding of CMMI and AS9100 standards impacting program performance
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification
- Good understanding of NGMS procedures
- Technical or program management experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top