Engineer Mission Assurance 3/4
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Mission Assurance (MA) Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Annapolis Junction, MD.
The successful candidate will provide Leadership, Process Improvement/Affordability, Supplier Mission Assurance, Risk Management, and MA engagement in significant pursuits for the Operating Unit.
The Mission Assurance Engineer role requires regular interaction and strong communication skills and reports directly to the NSS BU MA Manager. The programs this position provides support to are large complex programs dealing with numerous suppliers.
Responsibilities will include an understanding and monitoring of the Operating Unit QMS (Quality Management System), facilitation of gate reviews, driving execution of Operating Unit affordability enhancements and process improvements, monitoring measurement, analysis and achievement of non-financial and sector-specific goals allocated to MA. The position requires the ability to understand the area of Supplier Mission Assurance, which includes Supplier Assessments, development and execution of RTG plans when needed. The person filling this position will be expected to engage with the program to evaluate/investigate/ remediate program issues, and oversight of risk management activities in related to the program. The successful candidate will also be required to provide situational awareness of organizational performance as well as using the independent reporting chain when appropriate if/when the situation arises to bring immediate attention and awareness to program execution issues. This independent reporting chain requires strong maturity to understand the appropriate times and be able to identify events that warrant escalation.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
- QMS monitoring including annual assessment of program quality metrics, Division gate review effectiveness, CPAS and root cause effectiveness, IPRS metrics reviews, and execution of Risk-Based Process Evaluations.
- Provide leadership in the execution of gate reviews for the programs.
- Coordinate independent MA status reporting for situational awareness.
- Drive continual improvement, ensuring a closed-loop system, identifying, guiding, and leading improvement efforts. Define plans, statements of work, and identify costs/benefits for improvement efforts.
- Execute supplier mission assurance activities, including completion & effectiveness of supplier evaluations, supplier qualification and quality requirements flow-downs, risk assessments and engagement with risky/problem suppliers, and counterfeit material prevention implementation to include effective Sentinel system implementation.
- Participate in MA engagement activities, annual MA goals development, and MA professional development activities and training.
This position may be filled at either a level 3 or a level 4.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor's Degree Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Quality Engineering, Electrical Engineering or relatedSTEMfield
- Level 3 - Five (5)+ years related experience in Systems Engineering, Quality Assurance, Process Engineering/Improvement, and/or Project Management.
- Level 4 Nine (9)+ years related experience in Systems Engineering, Quality Assurance, Process Engineering/Improvement, and/or Project Management.
- Demonstrated skills in accordance with the MA competency model, and advanced knowledge of the NGMS Quality Management System
- A solid understanding of risk management, process improvement, defect prevention, introduction of best practices and will be able to provide oversight to the program in applying these techniques to help solve complex program issues
- A general knowledge of systems / software engineering lifecycle processes, IT service management and understand how they should be applied.
- The successful candidate will possess demonstrated leadership abilities, excellent communication (oral and writing) skills, and a track record of working collaboratively with project personnel.
- Position requires an active TS/SCI clearance with FS Polygraph.
- Demonstrated knowledge of system and software development methodologies and practices.
- The successful candidate will have the ability to provide and work on complex technical problems and provide solutions which are highly innovative.
- Certified PMP, INCOSE CSEP, ISO/IEC 27001 Assessor, ITIL Certification, ISO/AS9100 and/or ISO-9000 Lead Auditor; CMMI Assessor, ASQ QE or OE certification, Six Sigma Black Belt, Agile Scrum Master, DoD 8570 Cyber Certifications
- A general knowledge of Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) policies and procedures
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top