Engineer Mission Assurance 3
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems (NGAS) is currently seeking a Mission Assurance engineer to join our team of qualified and diverse individuals in Azusa, CA!
Mission Assurance Engineer defines and monitors mission assurance program specifications and processes to ensure mission success of programs. This role must have knowledge and experience in Aerospace Quality Assurance principles and practices in a Space Environment including: program quality engineering, manufacturing, assembly, integration, functional and environmental testing, receiving inspection, supplier quality systems, workmanship inspections and audits. This position shall provide technical solutions to a wide range of complex difficult problems and have complete understanding and wide application of technical principle, theories, and concepts in the field.Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives. Candidate shall have experience in controlling: Non-Conforming hardware and associated material review board practices, 6 Sigma, Lean and be familiar with SAP. Must have experience with auditing for ISO-9002 / AS-9100 compliance, Root Cause analysis and Continuous Improvement. Defines and monitors mission assurance program specifications and processes to ensure mission success of programs. Assesses program performance and risks, and determines resources to ensure mission assurance
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM Field (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)
- 5years ofEngineering experience, including 2 years inMission Assurance
- Experience in Manufacturing processes and familiar with Program IPT's
- Ability to travel to customer facility at least 10% of the time
- ActiveDoD Secret security clearance or higher must be held and maintained. U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Masters degree with 10years' experience in Quality / Mission Assurance with Space Systems/Hardware
- Familiar with VoC and capable of interfacing with DCMA and external customers
- Active Top Secret security clearance
- Ability to use Minitab, MS Project
- Black Belt / Green Belt Certified
- AS9100 / ISO 9000 Auditor
Back to top