Engineer Mechanical 4
The Mechanical Engineer 4 is responsible for the design and development of mechanical structures which include interfacing with system and hardware design teams. Has ultimate responsibility for the delivery of technically compliant work products within the resource, cost and schedule constraints established in the project's Hardware Development Plan. Other responsibilities include performing heat transfer, vibration, stress/fatigue, durability analyses and testing, as required.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Applies extensive technical expertise, and has full knowledge of other related disciplines. Able to communicate effectively and clearly present technical approaches and findings. Develop technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity. Work is performed without appreciable direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment. Completed work is reviewed from a relatively long- term perspective, for desired results.
Providing detailed designs of aircraft systems and installations and leading the completion of program projects.
- Should posses a strong understanding of electrical-mechanical component design principles of mechanical engineering and the understanding of structural, electrical, and thermal relationships.
- SolidWorks CAD design and simulation analysis.
- Candidate must be able to meet aggressive/accelerated schedule deadlines.
- Contribute to the development of engineering schedules.
- Provide mentorship to junior level and intern MEs.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Typical Minimum Education / Experience: 9 Years with Bachelors in Science; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD.
- Ability to use a standard desktop (PC) computer and Windows-based tools to produce original documents including drawings, plans, procedures and reports.
- Technical writing skills.
- Ability to work productively in a team environment .
- Must possess effective oral and written communication skills in order to communicate well and interact successfully with all levels of the organization.
- US citizenship required. Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance.
- Experience with Visio and SolidWorks.
- This position requires physical ability to maneuver around equipment in test labs and on ships and aircraft; verbal acuity to clearly communicate with personnel; and manual dexterity sufficient to use keyboards and control panels.
- SolidWorks CAD 3D design plus full detail drawings, 3 years of full time experience.
- Experience with airborne communication aircraft including payload rack installations, equipment and operations, platform systems integration and ground and flight testing.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top