Engineer Mechanical 4
Plans and conducts thermal cycling, thermal/vacuum, vibration/shock and electronic/electrical. Develop test equipment setup, develop and support fixtures and test systems, work with the test operations personnel and knowledge of data acquisition system and instrumentation. Collaborate with internal customers, develop test operation methodologies/processes, create and maintain test operation procedures, develop specifications and schematics, direct test technicians, analyze/validate test results and write test reports. Perform test engineering activities with minimal supervision, understand performance verification and calibration processes, awareness to a relentless approach to safety, and work productively in an environment with multiple, and simultaneous high priority assignments. Able to trouble shoot fluid flow systems, mechanical equipment, malfunctions; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques. Resolves problems by examining and evaluating data; selecting corrective steps. Plans and directs test facility and test equipment maintenance, repair and procurement activities to assure test facility/equipment readiness. Collaborate and work with internal support functions and suppliers. Supports process monitoring and improvement activities including: metrics charting, analysis and improvement project management; defect/mishap investigation and corrective action management.
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM field
- 10 years of test experience with controlled measurement systems
- Flexibility to work various shifts while supporting environmental tests
- Mobility to work in active test areas with uneven surfaces and tight spaces
- Active Secret security clearance
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience leading a small group during test events
- Familiar with and the ability to troubleshoot hydraulic and pneumatic controls and thermal control systems (cryogenic systems)
- Experience with space environment testing, Lab View programming for environmental test systems and controllers.
- Experience with test conductor roles and responsibilities
- A demonstrated basic understanding of Space based Payload testing knowledge, basic UUT (Satellite Sensor) State of Health (SOH) awareness, manufacturing processes, materials and engineering analysis
- Active Top Secret security clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top