Engineer Mechanical 4
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for an Engineer Mechanical 4 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Azusa, CA.
With a strong thermal engineering knowledge and experience, he/she will support spacecraft programs and development of advanced technologies. Working closely with subject matter experts, senior engineers, and other disciplines, the candidate will perform thermal control system design and analysis and support environmental testing and mission operations for space based platforms. The candidate is expected to work independently with general direction and to periodically transition to non-standard working hours to support special program activities. The candidate must have a complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field of thermal engineering and general knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM field (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)
- 7 years of experience in thermal engineering design and analysis
- Proficiency using an industry standard thermal analysis software (either SINDA, Thermal Desktop, or TSS)
- Experience leading a technical team
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret security clearance
- Master's degree in a STEM field (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)
- 5 years of experience specific to design and analysis of thermal control systems for space-based applications
- Familiarity with thermal engineering design, analysis, and test processes for DoD and/or NASA space programs
- Familiarity with passive and active cryogenic modeling, design, and test
- Familiarity with thermal modeling and analysis of launch environments, including FMH
- Familiarity with convective heat transfer solutions for thermal management of rack-mount and related ground equipment and systems
- Active DOD Secret security clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top