Engineer Mechanical 4
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking a Mechanical Engineer 4, Test Engineer to work in Redondo Beach, California.
This position is defined as a Mechanical Engineer 4, Integration & Test Engineer. This position has a particular focus on critical skills for propulsion systems and fueling. The ideal candidate will be required to apply engineering principles to contribute to the timely planning and execution of mechanical integration and test of the AMP Program. This individual will author test products/ detailed work procedures to implement and comply with these documents, as well as interact across engineering disciplines to clarify requirements and understand limitations, constraints, and potential conflicts. He/She must support fueling and pressurization of spacecraft, working closely with hazardous liquid propellants and high pressure gases. Investigate and troubleshoot anomalies. Perform special tests and investigation. Drive upgrades and design improvements on pressurization/fueling ground support equipment. This individual will interact across organizations to coordinate readiness for task execution including facilities, personnel, non-flight hardware/ equipment, flight hardware, configuration as well as lead a team of engineers and technicians during planning and execution. The Mechanical Test Engineer 4 will support problem resolution, paperwork closeout, and requirements verification. Previous technical working experience with CAPE, Solumina and Enovia is preferred. Prior AMP experience is preferred. 2nd shift and weekend support is expected during test/loading tasks.
Writing procedures for fueling and pressurization of spacecraft, install and test of black boxes, harnesses, and mechanical structures.
Working across disciplines with specialists from a variety of departments to write procedures and coordinate planning.
Assuring flight hardware is integrated and tested safely and test requirements and objectives are met.
Candidate must possess strong communication and technical writing skills, a demonstrated understanding of mechanical principles, and an ability and desire to learn and problem solve. Experience with mechanical design, test, structures, stress, MGSE, or manufacturing is desired.
- Bachelor's of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and9 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment OR
- Master's of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and7 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment
- Previous experience in fuel loading, pressurization & testing of propulsion subsystems
- Knowledge and experience with mechanical test engineering and design
- Demonstrated knowledge in writing test procedures and coordinating tests
- Active In-Scope SCI clearance access
- Possesses strong leadership qualities, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience in mechanical test engineering or design.
- Experience with CAPE, Solumina, and ENOVIA
- Familiarity with the AMP program.
Back to top