Engineer Mechanical 4
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for an Engineer Mechanical 4 to join our team of highly qualified and diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, California.
Position is for a senior level mechanical design engineer supporting manufacturing engineering. The candidate will be responsible for designing and fabricating the tooling required to build a mechanical sub-system. Typical responsibilities include:
- Research, design, develop and/or enhance manufacturing tooling and associated equipment.
- Perform producibility/manufacturability assessments on mechanical systems products and provide input to design engineering to enhance manufacturability, quality and performance.
- Design tooling in support of production and assembly activities.
- Applies technical expertise to the planning, design, development and testing of mechanical systems.
- Identify and initiate corrective action of problems, discrepancies and deficiencies to ensure requirements (technical, schedule, & cost) are met and product quality is not compromised.
- Strong leadership skills, ability to lead and mentor junior engineers and technicians.
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Ability to interface with project management,engineering,customer and functional management.
- Bachelor's degree in an science, technology, engineering or math (STEM) with a minimum of9 years of experience with the design of flight hardware, tooling, MGSE and/or test of mechanical, electro-mechanical, antenna or similar products and technologies; or an MS degree with 7 years
- Experience with MS office software products (Word, Excel, Power Point, Project)
- Experience in the use of CATIA V5, CREO/PRO-E and/or NX
- Active DOD Secret and/or SCI clearance
- Master's Degree in a STEM field
- Design of weldments, load bearing fixtures and lifting equipment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience in manufacturing engineering, MGSE or tool design
- Experience in composites manufacturing and composite tooling design/fabrication
- Experience in large structural assembly and integration
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top