Engineer Mechanical 4
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems Sector is seeking ahighly qualified individual with abilities to provide effective engineering support to design, manufacturing, integration and reactive testing of rocket engines and combustion devices and to spacecraft propulsion systems.
Background in computational tools, thermo-mechanical analysis, aerodynamics and fluid mechanics is desired. Strong team player as well as enthusiasm for technical work is of importance. Responsibilities will include providing engineering support to design, development and hot fire testing of subscale and prototype rocket engines and combustion devices.
Perform design optimization analysis, numerical analysis and experimental development of state-of-the art fluid systems and components in rocket propulsion and other thermo-fluid and combustion related fields.
Roles and responsibilities also involve supporting overall system / vehicle trade studies and participating in activities across various subsystems and disciplines and may involve travel as required.
- An active in-scope DoD Secret clearance with the ability to obtain program access.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in a STEM related discipline.
- 9 years engineering experience.
- 7 years with Masters; 4 years with PhD.
- Experience with propulsion systems
- Experience with earned value management
- Experience with fluid components
- Experience as a team lead
- Experience supporting bipropellant fluid propulsion systems
- Experience with hardware procurement/supply chain operations
Back to top