Engineer Mechanical 3
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a candidate to fill an opening as a Supplier Lead of the Mechanical,
Key Supplier & Technology Management, KS&TM team within the Global Supply Chain organization. The Supplier Lead will serve
as the sector face to the supply base within the technology domain as well as provide a link between supply chain and
engineering & manufacturing for emerging technologies and programs.
This position will be responsible for the following:
- Lead and foster strategic and tactical relationships between suppliers and NG
- Participate in design reviews to ensure design approach does not limit supplier selection or competition
- Collaborate with procurement agents and program design teams to determine source selection and structure appropriate
contract approaches for new development products to achieve objectives of the program while minimizing overall risk to
- Manage new development /high risk open requirements with suppliers and provide schedule status visibility to programs
and engineering producibility team
- Support multi-disciplined teams in problem resolution
- Visit suppliers on a periodic basis to perform technical reviews, remain current with capability and capacity analysis, and maintain strong relationships to help benefit the organization.
- Provide input on program proposals including utilizing suppliers to estimate production recurring costs based on lessons
learned from new product development efforts
- Participate on multi-disciplined teams to assess and qualify new suppliers and/or capabilities
- Foster engineering engagement across campuses to continue driving towards single supply base and common design /
- Communicate on a regular basis supplier performance metrics (quality, cost, schedule, technical, etc.)
- Facilitate program business and technical interchanges with suppliers
- Facilitate supplier business and performance reviews
- Implement program-specific objectives and Sector level objectives within the supply base
- Monitor overall supply base and industry trends for opportunities and/or risks to NG
This position will report to the Manager, Mechanical KS&TM. The candidate will have ownership responsibility for the execution of supply chain processes and strategies for a particular set of suppliers and/or technologies within the technology domain. The candidate will be a member of an integrated,multi-disciplined team comprised of experts in materials management, subcontract administration, procurement, mission assurance, engineering, and manufacturing.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Science, Technology or Math and 5 years of hardware development experience
- Master's Degree in Engineering, Science, Technology or Math and 3 years of hardware development experience
- US citizen with ability to obtain DoD Secret Clearance
- Current DoD Secret or higher security clearance
- Technical experience in Mechanical products and processes such as brazing, welding, casting, forging, laminated
busbars, milling, turning, exotic metal machining, etc.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top