Engineer Mechanical 3
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking aMechanicalEngineer3 to work in Redondo Beach, California.
Responsibilities include performing analysis of hybrid power and thermal systems, developing environmental control system architecture and performing environmental control system analysis, developing requirements, creating supplier procurement specifications and statements of work.
The successful candidate must have experience working with diverse technical teams, and must also be experienced with the design, analysis and/or test of flight hardware. Experience with flight hardware acceptance testing and documentation is preferred. Excellent interpersonal skills and teamwork are essential.
- Perform controls, system, and component analysis of complex fluid thermal systems
- Developing fluid-thermal architectures and control logic
- Experience working with compressible fluids
- Experience technically managing suppliers
- Bachelors of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and5 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment OR
- Masters of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and3 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment
- Practical working experience with compressible fluid-thermal systems
- Technical experience performing analysis of hybrid power and thermal systems and their control logic
- Practical working experience interfacing with suppliers
- Ability to obtain and maintain an Active In-Scope DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Masters' Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- Experience developing thermal fluid architectures for Air Vehicle Environmental Control Subsystems
- Experience developing component equipment specifications
- Competent in MATLAB/Simulink, AMESIM or similar analysis tools
- Possesses strong leadership qualities, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
- Possess an Active In-Scope DoD Top Secret Security Clearance and/or SCI access
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top