Engineer Mechanical 3
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector – Marine Systems is seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals.
This position supports various aspects of underwater missile launching and handling equipment design. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Design of missile launching, handling and test equipment using solid modeling tools
- Conduct first order structural, kinematic analysis to support equipment design
- Select and evaluate materials suitable for underwater missile launching systems
- Provide test program support
- Provide technical fleet support for the existing Trident Launcher System. Participate in the generation and revision of engineering drawings and models. Participate in the resolution of technical issues related to fleet hardware issues
- Lead a small group of engineers to support design activities
Position located in Philadelphia, PA
Some travel to field site may be required.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5 or more years' experience
- Proficient with MS Office applications
- Ability to multi task and balance multiple project simultaneously
- Ability to balance and influence multiple competing priorities and individuals
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to lead a team of up to 8 Engineers
- Must be a US citizen with the ability to obtain a DOD secret clearance
- Strong academic background in strength of materials, machine design and materials technology.
- Master's degree in engineering
- Knowledge in GD&T and solid modeling NX
- A current DoD Secret clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top