Engineer Mechanical 3
The BACN program at NGMS/Comms Division/Resilient Network Solutions is seeking an Mechanical Engineer 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in San Diego, CA. Transforming the future of technology, Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leader in the Defense industry, developing and delivering quality products that help ensure the safety and freedom of this nation and its allies. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Engineering, Manufacturing, and Sciences organization, responsible for innovative detail design ranging from chassis to aircraft payload, as well as the analysis necessary to satisfy program requirements.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Complete understanding and wide application of technical principle, theories, and concepts in the field. General knowledge of other related disciplines. Provide technical solutions to a wide range of complex difficult problems. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives. Works under only general direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
Providing detailed designs of aircraft systems and installations and leading the completion of program projects.
- Should posses a strong understanding of electrical-mechanical component design principles of mechanical engineering and the understanding of structural, electrical, and thermal relationships.
- SolidWorks CAD design and simulation analysis.
- Engineering colaboration between procurement and production for the interpretation of engineering design, documentation, and BOM management.
- Candidate must be able to meet aggressive/accelerated schedule deadlines.
- Contribute to the development of engineering schedules.
- Participating with production planning and fabrication for airborne systems.
- Advising Project Engineer and Program Staff as technical liaison for hardware systems.
- Participate and produce technical drawings under ASME Y14.100, procedures, and other documents to meet the design and program requirements.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Typical Minimum Education / Experience: 5 Years with Bachelors in Science; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD.
- Ability to use a standard desktop (PC) computer and Windows-based tools to produce original documents including drawings, plans, procedures and reports.
- Technical writing skills.
- Ability to work productively in a team environment .
- Must possess effective oral and written communication skills in order to communicate well and interact successfully with all levels of the organization.
- Must Possess technical flexibility and willingness to learn.
- US citizenship required. Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance.
- Experience with Visio and SolidWorks.
- This position requires physical ability to maneuver around equipment in test labs and on ships and aircraft; verbal acuity to clearly communicate with personnel; and manual dexterity sufficient to use keyboards and control panels.
- Experience with hardware design, analysis and production.
- SolidWorks CAD 3D design plus full detail drawings, 2 years of full time experience.
- Experience with airborne communication aircraft including payload rack installations, equipment and operations, platform systems integration and ground and flight testing.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top