Engineer Mechanical 2/3
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to support several programs in Chantilly, VA.
The ME in this position will be part of a team responsible for the design and integration of complex electronic systems into air and ground platforms. Responsibilities include mechanical part design and documentation, thermal analysis and structural analysis. The ideal candidate will effectively apply their mechanical design and analysis knowledge to complex engineering problems. A broad range of experience in mechanical engineering is desirable. The candidate must work well with customers, contractors, and a multi-disciplined design team to ensure mission success.
- T02: Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering with two years of mechanical design and integration experience, or related Master's degree
- T03: Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering with five years of mechanical design and integration experience, or Master's degree with three years of mechanical design and integration experience.
- Must have experience in the design and documentation of mechanical systems and components
- Must have electronics packaging experience
- U.S. Citizenship. Must be eligible for a TS/SCI clearance.
- Proficiency in the use of SolidWorks design tools
o 3D CAD
o Simulation (Structural Analysis)
o Flow Simulation (Thermal and Fluid Flow Analysis)
o Enterprise Product Data Management (EPDM)
- Unmanned aircraft integration experience
- Manned aircraft integration experience
- Experience applying knowledge of thermal analysis and structural analysis to electronics packaging designs
- Knowledge of metal fabrication techniques
- Knowledge of composite design and fabrication techniques
- Experience working with third party vendors/subcontractors
- Proven teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Possess strong verbal and written communications skills
- Active security clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top