Engineer Mechanical 2
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is seeking a Mechanical Engineer 2 to research, plan, design, and develop mechanical products and systems with our growing team in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Products and systems may include instruments, controls, robots, engines, machines, thermal, hydraulic, or heat transfer systems for production, transmission, measurement, and use of energy. The selected individual will apply research to the planning, design, development, and testing of mechanical and/or electromechanical systems, instruments, controls, engines, and/or machines.
- Analyze and support a broad range of mechanical / aeronautical engineering components managed by an Air Force (AF) Air Logistics Center (ALC).
- Source qualification, repair process development, 761/762 screening, Engineering Change Proposal (ECP) evaluation, technical data review and update, Reliability, Availability and Maintainability (RAM) assessments, Failure Mode, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA), materials selection and management, and risk management.
- Support to subcontractors and manufacture suppliers shall include assessment of repair and manufacturing processes, waiver review and approval, change requests, and analysis necessary for the development of solutions for repair and manufacturing problem areas.
- Review of Technical Data Packages (TDPs) and Source Approval Packages to ascertain integrity and provide guidance.
- Develop and review drawings in accordance with ASME Y14 using CAD software tools.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering (or related field) with 2 years' experience in mechanical / aeronautical engineering applications, or 0 years' experience with a relevant Master's.
- Must be able to efficiently and correctly interpret written and oral instructions and communications in English in order to effectively interact with Government counterparts and cross-functional organizations.
- Must have or be able to obtain a Department of Defense (DoD) Secret security clearance.
- Repair design / substantiation, tool design, analysis experience in loads, materials, stress and composite re-procurement and repair/low observable issues.
- Experience with Solidworks.
- Experience with Air Force customers, aerospace industry, and military standards.
- Experience with nuclear hardened systems.
- Experience with DOORS and general requirements management best practices.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top