Engineer Material Process
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Material Process/Contamination ControlEngineer2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
- Coordinate contamination control support (resolution of technical issues) for manufacturing, integration and test through the end of the program.
- This person will provide Contamination Control Support regularly to the integration floor, including hardware inspections and sampling. As well as monitoring of all facilities used for this program.
- Analyzes, researches, designs and develops materials and their related fabrication and application processes to develop and optimize materials for use in engineering design of and/or application in structures, systems and subsystems.
- Applies principles of chemistry, physics, and material behavior to develop metallic, non-metallic and composite material and processing specifications, fabrication and assembly processes
- Develops, analyzes and applies material properties and design allowables, processing processes and quality engineering specification.
- May review and approve subcontractor material processing procedures.
- Bachelor's of Science degreein STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field
- 2 years of engineeringexperience in aerospace environment OR Master's of Science degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) and 0 years of experience.
- Experience in Contamination Control Engineering in a space environment.
- Requires Active SCI Clearance
- STEM Degree in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science Engineering or Physics.
- Have the communication skills to work across organization and discipline boundaries to achieve results and have a demonstrated ability to interface with all level of functional and program management.
- Possesses strong leadership qualities as well asstrong verbal and written communicationskills.
- Experience with requirement verification, material finishes/selection and facility monitoring and contamination control troubleshooting.
Back to top