Engineer Material Process 3 - High-Temperature Materials (Active SECRET clearance required)
Provide technical support for thermal protection systems (TPS) composed of high temperature materials, including organic/inorganic, hybrid and metallic materials as well as associated secondary materials, such as coatings, thermal blankets, ablators, and reusable tiles as a member of the Research, Technology, and Advanced Design (RT&AD)/NG NEXT Team. This position will involve being the responsible engineer for selected material and process (fabrication and installation) specifications utilized for advanced military airframe structures. This position will also include providing technical input as a team member involved with materials selection for requirements development, design, fabrication and assembly of high temperature aerospace structures. Other areas of activity may include statistical analysis, failure analysis and technical collaboration with suppliers. The successful candidate should have a good familiarity with design, assembly, and repair processes for TPS materials utilized in aerospace structures; excellent written and oral presentation skills; be team oriented and have problem solving analytical skills. Experience with chemical and mechanical test methods and metallography methods and computer aided design are also desired.
- Science, Technical, Engineering, or Math (STEM) related Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with Thermal Protection System (TPS) materials, selection of inorganic/organic materials and processes specifications associated in the design, fabrication, and assembly of military airframe structures is needed.
- Candidates must have a full Secret clearance to start.
- Candidates must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Special Program Access (SAP/SAR) level clearance, as a condition of continued employment.
- The ideal candidate will have a Master’s in Material Science, Aerospace Engineering, Metallurgy, or similar, and 3 years of experience with selection, repair, and failure analysis of TPS structures involved in the fabrication, design, and assembly of military airframes.
- Experience with chemical and mechanical test methods, metallography/non-destructive evaluation (NDE), and repair processes for inorganic/organic materials used in aerospace structures is highly desired.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top