- Melbourne, FL
Climb to new heights on your journey when you start Defining Possible with Northrop Grumman. Enjoy a purposeful career in aeronautics that is crucial to the way we connect and protect our world across land, sea, and air. Bring your experience and take advantage of this opportunity to discover how you can start to push past possible and achieve your goals today. Enjoy a diverse, collaborative environment with professionals across the nation ready to help launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Manufacturing Engineer, to join our Manufacturing Engineering team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, Florida, where technology and teamwork come together.
The selected candidate will become part of Northrop Grumman's Manufacturing Engineering Team at the Melbourne Design Center of Excellence working in a collaborative environment while promoting a positive, proactive and team environment.
Maintains configuration of the aircraft to Engineering requirements
- Provides guidance to Engineering regarding design concepts and specification requirements to best utilize existing equipment and manufacturing techniques
- Translates Engineering requirements into a product build package
- Collaborates with tool design on manufacturing requirements
- Coordinates make vs. buy part decisions
- Structures Manufacturing Bill of Material (MBOM)
- Ensures manufacturing processes and procedures are in compliance with customer requirements
- Follows manufacturing processes that are applicable to statistical process control and supporting data collection.
- Uses established manufacturing engineering procedures for the fabrication of tools and equipment used to fabricate products
- Clears constraints affecting production of aircraft
- Investigates and initiates corrective actions and improvements in product quality and efficiency
- Collaborates with tool design to ensure product build is repeatable
- Oversees the integration of aircraft assembly technologies and processes
- Experience integrating products from engineering design to manufacturing floor
- Provides detailed written instructions that help facilitate product fabrication
- Independently determines and develops approach to solutions
Back to top