Engineer Manufacturing 4
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Engineer Manufacturing 4 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in El Segundo, CA.
As a member and leader of the Aerospace Systems Manufacturing Technology Development team, you will define, develop, and design manufacturing concepts and processes for production applications of manufacturing technologies including composites fabrication, tooling, composites bonding, inspection / metrology, LO technologies, and Additive Manufacturing. This position will require strong leadership skills and execution of technical and advanced Internal Research and Development and Contractual Research and Development programs relative to manufacturing technology.
Position requires business skills applicable to project management and the development of sequence of operations defining affordability savings for the functions that affect product performance and producibility. Must incorporate requirements into development plans and evaluate performance of processes and tools to verify their efficiency. In addition, you will identify and initiate corrective action of problems and deficiencies to ensure R&D contractual obligations (technical, schedule, & cost) are met and product quality is maintained.
Outstanding written and oral communication skills required as position involves extensive interfacing with internal and external customers, program offices, engineering disciplines, and executive officers. Provide guidance regarding design concepts, TRL/MRL maturity, and specification requirements to best utilize resources and manufacturing techniques ensuring the best value solution can be transitioned to production. Ensure processes and procedures are in compliance with regulations.
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from and accredited university with 9 years ofexperiencein engineering and/ormanufacturing; OR Masters Degree in STEM discipline with7 years of experience in engineering and/or manufacturing;OR PhD in STEM with 4 years of experiencein engineering and/ormanufacturing.
- Experience in project and supply base management, affordability analysis, earned value, proposal development and business area planning cycles.
- Experience in leading multi- disciplinary teams
- Experience with Additive Manufacturing fabrication and technology development.
- Ability to obtain and maintain DoD secret clearance is required.
- Ability totravel between sites located in El Segundo, Redondo Beach, and Palmdale.
- Experience in the development, capture, and or execution of R&D technology initiatives.
- Bachelors Degreeor Higherin Manufacturing/ Industrial/ Materials/ Mechanical Engineering.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top