Engineer Manufacturing 4
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking an Engineer Manufacturing 4 to work in Redondo Beach, California.
This role is for a senior manufacturing engineering lead supporting critical AMP Mechanical Systems hardware. The candidate will lead efforts for the manufacturing engineeringstatement of workon the AMP and P093 program efforts. Typical responsibilities include:
- Research, design, develop and/or enhance manufacturing ConOps and processes for existing/new antenna products.
- Perform producibility assessments on existing/new mechanical systems products and provide input to design engineering to enhance manufacturability, quality and performance.
- Generate top-level manufacturing plans and define the manufacturing approach to take flight or developmental antenna hardware from concept to production.
- Design tooling in support of production activities for both composite and metallic components; specifically composite components mold design and assembly fixtures.
- Applies technical expertise to the planning, design, development, and testing of mechanical and/or electromechanical systems, instruments, and/or controls.
- Identify and initiate corrective action of problems, discrepancies and deficiencies to ensure requirements (technical, schedule, & cost) are met and product quality is not compromised.
- Strong leadership skills, ability to lead and mentor junior engineers and technicians.
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Ability to interface with project management/IPT, RDE, SPM, customer and functional management.
- Bachelors of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and 9 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment OR
- Masters of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and 7 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment
- Technical working experience with the design, manufacturing, assembly and/or test of mechanical, electro-mechanical, antenna or similar products and technologies
- Practical experience as material review board qualified (MRB) manufacturing engineer
- Active In-Scope SCI Security Clearance Access
- Experience in composites manufacturing and composite tooling design/fabricatio
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Active In-Scope TS/SCI Security Clearance
- Masters' Degree in Mechanical Engineering
Back to top