Engineer Manufacturing 2 - Missile Launching and Handling
At Northrop Grumman, our work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technologies protects. It's the value of innovation that makes a difference today and tomorrow. Here you'll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that's uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful; where employees share experience, insights, perspectives and creative solutions through integrated product & cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups. From engineering and manufacturing, to operations and business development, Northrop Grumman's Sunnyvale location offers the opportunity to serve national security and impact the lives of Americans all over the globe from the landscape of Northern California. Don't just build a career, build a life at Northrop Grumman Sunnyvale.
Northrop Grumman Marine Systems, a historical campus in Sunnyvale, CA, specializes in the development, manufacturing, assembly and testing of missile launching and handling systems, propulsion and power generation systems for naval surface ships and submarines. Our products are built nowhere else in the country. We are seeking a Manufacturing Engineer 2 to join our team.
The Manufacturing Engineer 2 will be guiding the production of new and legacy launcher products for our clients. You will work closely with colleagues focused on safety, quality, scheduling, cost and continuous improvement. Your mechanical aptitude will be used to identify areas for improvement. This position requires the ability to quickly understand production processes and requirements and create solutions for non-conforming products and processes. You'll be creating manufacturing work instructions for use across the plant. You will also participate in Design for Manufacturability Reviews and have an opportunity to participate on the change control board.
- Bachelor of Science degree in a technical field and 2+ years of work experience
- 1+ years of production experience with a focus on safety, quality, schedule, and cost
- Experience developing manufacturing work instructions
- Experience with BOM structuring
- Able to work any shift as required to support manufacturing needs
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio)
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineer, Aerospace Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or Industrial Technology
- Two or more years of experience in a design to production or factory environment
- Exposure to SAP MRP
- Experience with DFMEA, PFMEA andDFM
- Experience collaborating withmultiple departments
- Experience with project management tools
- DOE experience
Back to top