Engineer Manufacturing 2 - Machining
The Operations Engineering team at NGMS – Marine Systems is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to design and oversee production machining processes for marine machinery components and assemblies. This individual will be responsible for providing daily floor support to WIP processes such as processing material discrepancies, optimizing sequence of operations, defining operation sequence and Manufacturing Instructions for routings, identifying continuous improvement opportunities to improve efficiency that may include process or equipment changes, tooling and shop aid needs to improve throughput. Understand product machining requirements and processes and assist the shop in interpretation and implementation. Oversee and help coordinate process improvement activities that reduce setup time and increase machine throughput by designing processes to utilize more automation, reduce operator intervention, utilize more advance tooling and cutting cycles. Provide guidance to engineering regarding design concepts and specification requirements to best utilize equipment and manufacturing techniques. Ensure processes and procedures are in compliance with regulations.
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related Engineering discipline
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a factory environment with hands on development of machining processes
- Advanced degree in mechanical engineering
- Working knowledge of multi-axis machining center operation using conventional machining methods of metallic components
- Exposure to advanced cutting tool technology for improving metal removal and tool life management
- Demonstrated experience in CAD/CAM applications (Ideally Siemens NX CAD/CAM applications (specifically 8.5 or above)
- Proficient in basic and parametric solid model design
- Modeling complex assemblies and tools
- Generating Tool Paths
- Implementing efficient and cost-effective solutions to fabrication of complex parts of various geometric dimensions requiring adherence to tight tolerances
- Feature based machining, hole making and part family programming
- On-machine probing
- CMM equipment and processes
- Working knowledge of welding and metallurgical processes
- Demonstrated success in technical project management
- Continuous improvement Lean Six Sigma Green/Black Belt
- Exposure to Siemens Teamcenter PLM system
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top