Engineer Manufacturing 2
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is searching for a Manufacturing Engineer 2 to support a multiple program production environment. The successful candidate will be the Manufacturing Engineer responsible for all aspects for the Manufacturing Engineering process on both developmental and production oriented programs that includes aspects related to the assembly and integration, test, and deployment of hardware and manufactured products such as:
- Design and definition of the manufacturing processes, procedures, and production layouts for assemblies and equipment used within the operation.
- Design and definition of work flows within the facilities to ensure the most efficient and productive layout and process
- Define the order of operations for manufactured assemblies and subassemblies
- Develop detailed work instructions for manufactured assemblies, subassemblies, and packaging
- Guide Manufacturing/Production and plan for successful Preliminary Design Review/ Critical Design Review (PDR/CDR) on multiple programs
- Plan for and conduct Production Readiness Reviews
- Conduct Supplier Assessments
- Represent Production on the on the Change Control Board (CCB) and be able to provide cost and schedule impacts due to changes in Engineering drawings
- Define and Develop the Manufacturing Bill of Materials within our MRP system (SAP) to include structuring for manufacturability to meet the most efficient material and process workflow for the integration operations.
- Execution of Change Masters relative to changes to the Manufacturing Bill of Materials and production activities including effectivity date and the most appropriate time for change cut in
- Cycle Time, Time Phasing, and Processing Time development to convert to SAP routings within the Manufacturing Bill of Materials
- Tooling and tooling maintenance development
- Metric creation and monitoring
- Provide forecasting support for Diminishing Manufacturing Sources and Material Shortages (DMSMS)
This position requires direct interface with the Engineering , Manufacturing and Manufacturing Support teams including Production, Production Control, Supply Chain Management and Quality to develop, support, and manage detailed MRP
based schedules and overall production objectives and execution regulations.
Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or Technical Degree and 2 Years experience. 0 Years with Masters.
Experience in a manufacturing environment applying disciplines to Manufacturing Engineering.
- Demonstrated experience developing work instructions for manufacturing operations.
- Demonstrated understanding of process improvement concepts and techniques such as Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing.
SAP MRP knowledge
- Demonstrated experience defining processes and procedures related to manufacturing. Experience leading efforts to
update or produce new processes and procedures would be particularly valuable.
- Experience with assembly and integration and techniques
- Capacity Planning
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement concepts
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top