Engineer Manufacturing 1
- Provide sustaining engineering to the production floor in all fabrication areas
- Evaluate, improve, and document manufacturing processes
- Assist in training employees
- Audit manufacturing processes and test procedures; troubleshoot manufacturing issues
- Develop and implement process control techniques and procedures
- Analyze manufacturing process flows for the enhancements of quality, cost reduction, and throughput
- Investigate and correct production issues
- Communicate production issues to other shifts and the leadership team effectively
- Implement Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma principles
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related technical field
- Three years or more of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong organizational and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Knowledge of Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing concepts
- Proficient computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Five years or more of experience in a technical manufacturing environment
- Experience with data analysis software, such as Minitab
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO.
U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top