Engineer Manufacturing 1
- Support daily production of a 24/7 operation in Thin Film Coating
- Ensure product is manufactured correctly
- Write and audit manufacturing and test procedures
- Track yields and productivity
- Troubleshoot problems
- Assist in training new production operators
- Work with our sales group on quotations
- Develop new coating designs, manufacturing processes, and substrate/ chamber fixturing
- Interact with internal and external customers to resolve coating-related matters
- Work closely with manufacturing supervisors and production control personnel to ensure that products are shipped on time and with all of the correct documentation
- Work with other department engineers and managers on long-term projects such as performing root causes analyses, making productivity improvements, and implementing changes to reduce waste and cycle times.
- Bachelor's Degree in an engineering or scientific discipline
- 1-3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment; co-op and internships will count toward this requirement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Advanced degree in engineering or scientific discipline
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD or Autodesk Inventor
- Knowledge of Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing concepts
- Experience with data analysis software such as Minitab or NWA Analysis
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO.
U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top