Engineer Manufacturing 1
- Design, develop, and implement technical solutions relating to optical fabrication applications in the areas of precision polishing, grinding, and shaping
- Research, design, and develop optical fabrication technology, processes, and related tooling
- Perform a variety of research and testing for development of production processes
- Formulate process instructions and procedures
- Perform root cause analysis and implement changes to reduce waste and cycle time
- Lead and/or participate in cost savings team projects
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related technical field
- Strong organizational and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing concepts
- Previous manufacturing engineering experience, including internships
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO.
U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top