ENGINEER IV - Mechanical Integration
- Greenbelt, MD
Working with NASA flight projects, a mechanical integration engineer IV leads the development of mechanical designs or concepts for systems or subsystems to meet requirements space vehicle or ground support equipment specifications. Leads and supports the mechanical integration of space systems or ground support systems in order to meet highly aggressive program schedules. Prepare specifications and presentation materials in accordance with established guidelines to meet customer schedules and budgets. Perform "hands-on" mechanical integration and test tasks, as required, to meet program schedules. Work with and lead an integrated team of technicians and engineers in the design, fabrication, analysis, assembly, integration, testing and field support of spaceflight hardware, non-flight hardware and GSE on time and under budget.
May also perform other duties associated within area of assignment as directed by lead personnel or management.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in field (or 8 years of direct NASA related experience) is required or similar position complexity as determined by management.
- BS in Mechanical engineering, Aerospace engineering or Physics or a related degree from accredited university.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and adhere to strict time schedules and deadlines.
- Must possess experience in the analysis of space flight hardware and ground support equipment.
- Must be able to organize time, assignments and properly prioritize efforts for maximum effectiveness.
- Must be capable of passing required physical examinations and possess certification or be capable of successfully completing training for: electro-static discharge, hazard communications, fall protection, personal protective equipment, and other training directed by management.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top