Engineer Industrial 3
The Process Engineering Department is looking for a Level 3 Industrial Engineer. This individual will analyze and design sequence of operations and production part work flow; assigns lead time planning data to make items; analyzes production processes and output quality to improve efficiencies in plant and productive yields; develops work measurement systems and reports performance; maintains labor standards; performs ergonomic studies, safety initiatives, plant layout, capacity analysis, and process simulation; supports capital equipment studies and proposal activity.
Candidate should demonstrate a strong initiative and the desire for continuous technical growth in the industrial engineering field. Candidate will be required to interface with manufacturing/process engineers, design engineers, quality
engineers, programs office, and shop floor personnel on a regular basis. Leadership, excellent interpersonal skills and teamwork are essential.
The qualified candidates must have a strong analytical aptitude for data mining, process flow analysis, continuous improvement and general knowledge of other related engineering disciplines. Solutions are imaginative, thorough,
practicable, and consistent with organization objectives. The candidate will work under only general direction and independently determine and develop timely approaches to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in
meeting objectives. The candidate will be responsible for contributing to continuous improvement of our product lines to improve through put, quality, schedule and safety. Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast paced, highly technical work environment.
Position located in Sunnyvale, CA.
- 5 or more years of experience with a BSIE degree or related degree
- Working experience performing transactions within an integrated ERP system
- Knowledge and working experience with Bills of Material, part master data, manufacturing routings, labor standards, and elements of lead time planning for production parts
- Working knowledge of materials requirement planning principles
- Understanding of Overall Equipment Efficiency (OEE) and implementation
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Be comfortable and work well as part of an integrated team including machinist mechanics, operators, engineering peers and principal level engineers
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel is desired
- Basic experience with Power Point
- Basic understand of Statistical Process Controls
- U.S. Citizenship is a requirement as applicants may be subject to a government security investigation.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top