Engineer Industrial 3
The Industrial Engineer will report to the Production Engineering Manager and is responsible for Industrial Engineering activities necessary to accomplish program and production engineering objectives. They will work closely with engineering, the program office, quality, planning, manufacturing engineers, production and materials to ensure that documentation and resources adequately support schedule, cost, producibility and quality.
- Analyze and design sequence of operations and work flow to improve efficiencies in plant and production facilities and equipment layouts
- Conduct studies pertaining to cost control, cost reduction, inventory control, and production records systems. On the basis of these studies, develop and implement plans an programs for facility modifications and revisions to operating methods.
- Create and maintain productivity methods
- Create and lead Lean/Six Sigma, 5S, Kanban, Kaizen type projects and processes
- Establish methods for maximum utilization of product facilities and personnel
- May establish or assist in establishing accident prevention measures
- May manage training programs for personnel concerning all phases of production operations
- May assist facilities engineers in the planning and design of facilities
- Track production progress and provide updates to production and program schedulers
- Work with Program Manufacturing Engineering to standardize and improve processes and procedures that impact manufacturing engineering and planning processes
- Bachelor's of Science Degree in STEM field and a minimum of five (5) years engineering experience
- Fluent in MS Project, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with AutoCAD or Visio Software
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system
- Must be familiar with standard manufacturing concepts, best practices and procedures preferably within the aerospace industry
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top