Engineer Human Factors
Northrop Grumman Information Systems Sector is seeking a Human Factors Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in transforming the future of technology and public health. This position will be located in Atlanta, GA and will become part of Northrop Grumman's team that supports the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Qualified candidate will support of website and application development for high traffic, high availability sites, social media channels, and other electronic communications mediums. This position requires an experienced Human Factors Specialist who will participate in all aspects of the User-Centered Design (UCD) process.
- Consults with stakeholders and makes recommendations regarding the benefits and value of user-centered design (UCD)
- Plans UCD strategy for projects based on customer needs, budget, and priorities and integrate tasks into the overall development process.
- Participates in defining UX standards and templates for Web and mobile applications.
- Conducts user research through interviews, surveys, and Web analytics; define user goals and information needs; create task and system flows; develop scenarios and user personas.
- Evaluates legacy applications by conducting baseline tests, heuristic evaluations, cognitive walkthroughs, and analyzing any existing user feedback.
- Designs clean, consistent user interfaces; design according to best practices using knowledge gained from user/product analysis; adhere to established CDC.gov design guidelines.
- Produces wireframes and interactive prototypes to depict the user interface.
- Outlines recommended organization of content/information based on users' mental model.
- Designs and conducts remote or in-person usability tests with interactive prototypes; identify issues and make recommendations for improvement.
- Defines UI Specifications for handoff to development team.
- Produces client-ready deliverables and documentation based on templates.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statistics, or engineering with a minimum of 5 years of experience.
- 5 years of experience in Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) applying agile methodologies as appropriate.
- 3 years of experience designing mobile-friendly or responsive Web sites or applications.
- Skilled at presenting data visualizations in meaningful dashboard layouts.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of the contract and customer organizations; translate academic and technical terminology into common terms; have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Understand and implement Section 508 accessibility requirements.
- Meet deadlines with both timeliness and quality; have strong organization and time management skills; balance and prioritize work across multiple projects.
- Work independently and as part of a team.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Master's Degree in HCI, Human Factors, or closely related discipline with a minimum of 3 years of experience.
- Understanding of the public health mission.
- Experience working in a government contracting environment.
- Relevant on-the-job experience in designing usable and mobile-friendly Web sites (preferably Web applications).
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top