Engineer Human Factors 3
- Applies human performance principles, methodologies, and technologies to the design of human-machine systems and products.
- Develops and implements research methodologies and statistical analysis plans to test and evaluate developmental prototypes used in new products and processes, such as cockpit designs, user workstations, and computerized human models. Interfaces with design engineers to establish system design, operating, and training requirements and to ensure optimized human-machine interfaces.
- Identifies and analyzes technological problems or risks, performs theoretical human factors investigations, and develops and implements research and analysis plans.
- Responsibilities specifically include performing human factors analyses, developing user interface wireframes and mockups, conducting cockpit working groups to gather design feedback, and developing user training materials.
- Bachelor's Degree in Psychology or STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) discipline from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 5 years proven experience in Human Factors Engineering; 3 years of Human Factors Engineering experience with a Master's degree
- US Citizenship is required, along with an interim DoD Secret clearance.
- Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain all required security clearances and program specific accesses.
- Master's Degree in Human Factors Engineering or Psychology
- Experience leading a Human Factors team
- Experience with DOORS requirements management tool
- Thorough understanding of Mil-STD-1472
- Military flight experience
- Current Special Program Access
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/ AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top