Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking a Hardware Engineer to perform leading-edge research, development, and integration of real-time Software Defined Radio (SDR) and Wireless Protocols to solve the most complex communication and radio navigation (GPS) receiver technical challenges. The selected candidate will be part of the development team operating in a dynamic, fast paced environment located in Dayton, OH. The Hardware Engineer role involves full life-cycle product development from system concept and requirements through design, production,
verification, and field support while working in integrated product teams spanning Engineering, Manufacturing, and Program Management. The Hardware Engineer will be involved in the full life cycle of GPS Signal Processing Algorithms integration, including Design, Development, Implementation, and Testing.
Roles and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Develop and document requirements and design
- Code and Unit Test software
- Integrate software radio techniques onto hardware platform
- Develop Integration and Test procedures
- Configuration control in LINUX and Windows environments
- Support for preparation and presentation of formal technical reviews
Key responsibilities include:
- Implementing GPS and waveform algorithms in embedded signal processors / FPGA's including simulation, coding,
optimization and testing system and subsystem requirements analysis, definition, and validation
- Systems and subsystems design architecture, integration and verification testing
- Leading or supporting technical collaboration among systems, hardware and software design functions
- Resolution of technical problems that cross functional domain areas of hardware/software
- Development of systems related documentation.
The Hardware Engineer will apply the appropriate standards, processes, procedures and tools throughout the system
development life cycle to support the generation of such engineering applications and products. He/she will be expected
to interface with customers, suppliers, application users and other technical support personnel.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related engineering/technical degree plus 2 years of relevant experience; or a Master's Degree in a STEM field plus 0 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with RTL code development using Verilog or VHDL and prior experience with scripting languages.
- U.S. citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense (DoD) Secret clearance.
- Experience with test automation
- Software modeling and simulation, MATLAB experience
- Programming language experience to include: C and/or C++ and scripting
Digital circuit design experience, including schematic capture through test and integration
- Design experience of software defined tactical radios and/or Communication/Navigation design experience
- Design experience with Signal Processing, DSP design, and algorithmic code development and the integration of SDR
functions to digital hardware, preferably Xilinx System-on-a-Chip FPGAs
- Experience with Matlab, System Generator or similar DSP design and simulation tools
- Develop in LINUX and Windows environments
- Knowledge of digital communications theory, including detection, estimation, and demodulation
- Knowledge of GPS receiver design
- Experience conducting end-to-end RF system analysis including link budget development, channel modeling, and RF
block diagram development
- Software modeling and simulation, MATLAB skills
- Experience with real-time signal processing algorithms on Linux-based SDR platforms
- Experience with firmware/VHDL design including Xilinx environments
- Embedded software development and test experience
- Experience with DoD engineering processes, including systems and software component requirements derivation
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top