Engineer Hardware 4
Northrop Grumman Information Systems is seeking a talented Sr. Subject Matter Expert III to join our team in Annapolis Junction, MD.
The Sr. Subject Matter Expert develops requirements from project's inception to its conclusion for a particular IT subject matter area (i.e., simple to complex systems). Assists other project members with analysis, evaluation and with the preparation of recommendations for system improvements, optimization, development, and/or maintenance efforts in the following specialties: information systems architecture; networking; telecommunications; automation; communications protocols; risk management/electronic analysis; software; life-cycle management; software development methodologies; and modeling and simulation.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide the bridge between Mission end users of the system to be delivered and those who are architecting engineering and/or developing the system
- Support the development, review, and analysis of Mission CONOPs, requirements, scenarios and use cases that accurately reflect end users' needs
- Assist in the development, organization, and articulation of Mission expectation to support test planning and operational evaluation activities
- Support information management transformation
- Maintain cognizance of all operational requirements, ensuring that the spirit of the requirements is preserved across programmatic and acquisition activities
- Articulate/white board ideas to all levels of management
- Provide lifecycle sustainment support
Bachelor's Degree in Science, Technical, Engineering or Math with nine (9) years of related experience or Master's Degree in Science, Technical, Engineering or Math with seven (7) years of related experience.
Candidate must possess a TS/SCI Clearance with Polygraph and meet the requirements for DoD 8570 IAT Level 2 compliance (Security ).
- Domain Name Server (DNS), Network Time Protocol (NTP) and IP routing protocols.
- Experience implementing information technology solutions.
- Network Testing experience required.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Traffic management and cloud computing experience.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top