Engineer Hardware 3
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is currently seeking a Hardware Engineer to support various projects and programs in Aurora, CO.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Conducts research, design, development, and testing of information processing hardware such as computer chips, circuit boards, computer systems, and electrical components. Designs new or modifies existing products, develops technical specifications for production, analyzes hardware configuration and processing solutions, and tests hardware conformance to specifications.
- Willwork extensively with a variety of X86-based server hardware, network hardware, firewalls, key management systems, multiple types of storage solutions (including NAS), standard server racks, power distribution units (PDUs), KVMs and other rack hardware.
- Occasionally works with more specialized RF processing components and server-based RF processing appliances.
- Willinteract with sub-contractors in order to maintain program equipment (replace, repair, destroy), operating requirements and be able to work with vendors to ensure all defined annual hardware maintenance contracts are defined and current to sustain program operating requirements.
- Will support internal and external movement of equipment documenting via the Northrop/Grumman asset management systems.
- Work with corporate resources external to the program to reflect equipment locations. Candidate must be able to support transportation planning and documentation of program assets as required.
- Bachelor's degree within a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited college with 5 years of hardware engineering experience.
- Current active Top Secret security clearance.
- Applicant must meet DOD 8570-1M requirements for commercial certification (e.g., A+, Network+ and/or Security+) as an Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level 1 or higher before employment. Ability to obtainan IAT Level 1 or 2 certification is required.
- Candidate should be able to lift individual portable loads of 40 50 lbs.
- Must have the ability to travel.
- Experience with a variety of X86-based server hardware, network hardware, firewalls, key management systems, multiple types of storage solutions (including NAS), standard server racks, power distribution units (PDUs), KVMs and other rack hardware.
- Experience building and cabling server and network racks.
- Advanced Degree MS or PhD Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited college .
- Adaptable to quickly changing environment and requirements.
- Current active TS/SCI security clearance W/FSP preferable.
- Current industry recognized certifications.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top