Engineer (Fort Worth, TX)
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a F-35 Retrofit Engineer 2, to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Fort Worth, Texas.
- Technical coordination, planning, execution, and management of modification projects within the broader F-35 Maintenance, Repair, Overhaul and Upgrade (MRO&U) competency
- Significant collaboration with engineering, supply, operations, program office and customer stakeholders to proactively manage retrofit projects
- Develop Basis of Estimate proposal artifacts
- Support and review modification engineering, Time Compliance Technical Directive (TCTD) manuscripts and potentially provide both virtual and hands-on support for associated verification events
- Candidate may be required to routinely work extended hours and weekends to meet program objectives.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills and experienced leveraging Microsoft Office suite applications.
Position involves a wide range of influence and requires a resourceful, independent self-starter able to analyze and address complex technical and logistical challenges involving solicitations of and commitments from various stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM)
- 2 years of experience related to aircraft retrofit engineering, development and related logistical operations.
- Must be proficient inMicrosoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance
- Degree in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field of study
- Understanding of Project Management fundamentals
- Familiarity with the F-35 Air Vehicle
- Current Active Secret Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top