Engineer Field 2 - FAAD/C-RAM C2
Join Northrop Grumman Mission Systems and be a part of the team of men and women that solve the world's most complex technical challenges. We are seeking two Field Support Engineer / Instructor / Training Material Developers to work with highly motivated team to develop and maintain FAAD/C-RAM C2 training materials, train, field and provide support for the ILS FAAD/C-RAM C2 (FAAD C2I) system. This is a very high profile project and the work/schedule will be intense. The position is based in Huntsville, AL.
Primary responsibility as a Field Support Representative (FSR) 2 is to provide expert technical support for the FAAD/C-RAM C2 system fielded in various areas and theaters of operations world-wide. Additional responsibilities are to develop/maintain, review, edit, analyze, and instruct, training material and training documentation and other components for the integration, field support, and software maintenance of the FAAD/CRAM C2 (FAAD C2I) software system, and architecture. Applicant should have a working knowledge of the Air Defense Artillery (ADA)community environment, operational architecture, systems, networking and communications. A working knowledge of the Counter-Rocket, Artillery and Mortar (C-RAM), and/or, Counter-Unmanned Aerial Systems (C-UAS) is a value added benefit. Additionally, applicant should be familiar with the use, networking and administrator maintenance techniques of the Digital Learning Management System, and/or, Computer Based Training constructs. Applicant often times acts as local on-site representative to customers organization.
- 2 Years applicable experience with Bachelors in Science; 0 Years with Masters . An additional 4 years of experience (6 years total experience without a college degree) required in lieu of a college degree. - At least 2 years of knowledge of U.S. Army and Joint Forces tactical hardware, software, and radio communications .
- Knowledge of networking required.
- Knowledge of Digital Learning Management Systems, and technical administration and maintenance.
- Must be a fast learner and be able to multiplex between various tasks and assignments.
- Must have strong interpersonal communications skills, capable of conducting instruction and training in a wide variety of classroom/field environments.
- Must have good background in grammar and writing skills to compose, edit, organize, and assemble training documentation.
- Must be capable of successfully communicating with U.S. military customers, foreign military personnel, program/project personnel, and business unit management.
- Must be able to obtain a Secret clearance.
- Must be willing to travel worldwide to meet mission requirements and dictates by U.S. Government Project Office.
- Must be an adaptable, self-starter, self-motivated individual capable of working in supervised, and/or, unsupervised environments.
-Required to meet all government CONUS Replacement Center (CRC) requisites for foreign travel into operational theaters as well as possible world-wide locations deemed as hostile areas.
- Must be willing to travel and work for extended periods (minimum 6 months) into foreign operational theaters of operations which may be classified as a hostile environment.
- Air Defense C4I Tactical Operations Center Enhanced Operations. - Air Defense Systems Integrator (ADSI) operations.
- Air and Missile Defense Work Station (AMDWS) operations
- Tactical Airspace Integration System (TAIS) operations
- Air Defense Airspace Management (ADAM) Cell operations and tactical hardware.
- Air and Missile Defense (AMD) Battalion operations.
- Short-Range Air Defense Maneuver and Tactical operations is a plus.
- Counter-Rocket, Artillery and Mortar Command and Control (C-RAM C2) operations in Sense, Warn and Intercept operations is a plus.
- Counter-Unmanned Aerial Systems (C-UAS) is a plus.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top