Engineer Facilities 3
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Engineer Facilities 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. The position is located in Rolling Meadows, IL.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Plans, designs and oversees the reconfiguration, maintenance, and alteration of equipment, machinery, buildings, structures, and other facilities.
- Gathers and reviews data concerning facility or equipment specifications, company or government restrictions, required completion date, and construction feasibility.
- Coordinates with architecture/engineering firms in developing design criteria and preparing layout and detail drawings.
- Prepares bid sheets and contracts for construction and facilities acquisition.
- Reviews and estimates design costs including equipment, installation, labor, materials, preparation, and other related costs.
- Inspects or directs the inspection of construction and installation progress to ensure conformance to established drawings, specifications, and schedules.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field with 5 years' experience.
- Strong communication skills
- Facilities project management experience.
- Experience working with tradesmen.
- Strong background in electrical power distribution systems.
- Strong background in Data Center infrastructure design and maintenance.
- Knowledge of utility rules, and regulations with regard to onsite equipment and infrastructure.
- Must be able to act as liaison between Northrop Grumman and utility company. Experience negotiating utility rates.
- Familiar with National Electrical Code, OSHA and International Building Code.
- Ability to prepare construction drawings using AutoCAD.
- Ability to use construction management tools like Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Project.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top